Ariana to present data at AACR 2019 on using its KEM® Artificial Intelligence technology and PDX mouse models to simulate patient stratification in clinical trials and Identify companion biomarkers for combination therapy
Ariana Pharma, a leading digital health Company focused on developing advanced therapeutic decision support systems, will present its latest results on combination therapy biomarker identification using KEM® Artificial Intelligence applied to xenograft mouse model (PDX) based clinical trial simulation, in a poster at the American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting 2019 in Atlanta, GA, USA (April 2nd 2019 AM).
Identifying the right patients who can benefit from a specific treatment or combination of treatment remains a challenging task, only becoming more difficult as the number of accessible therapies and their combinations increase.
In the presented study, biomarkers of synergistic response and survival were identified using KEM® Artificial Intelligence data analytics. mRECIST response and survival of respectively 21 and 26 PDXs against Oxaliplatin combined with 5-Fluorouracil and folinic acid (Folfox) were assessed against a placebo, simulating a clinical trial–like setting with 2 arms. 24 candidate biomarker genes were identified. Alone or combined, these biomarkers are significantly linked to an increase or decrease of the survival PDX, with the potential to be used as inclusion or exclusion biomarkers.
Ariana’s innovative clinical data analysis and diagnostic testing solutions help the healthcare sector better adapt patient treatments to individual biological characteristics.
Ariana KEM® Artificial Intelligence technology enables personalization of therapies, improves the efficacy and safety of patient treatment, reduces risks and drug development costs, and accelerates time to market. With a growing number of successful therapeutic development applications, KEM® is the only FDA-reviewed technology that systematically explores combinations of biomarkers, producing more effective biomarker signatures for precision medicine.
The presentation details are:
- Poster title: AI and PDX for Drug Discovery
- Session Title: Tumor markers to assess the Biology and clinical Course of Cancer 1
- Abstract ID#: 4678 (poster board 29)
- Poster presentation: April 2, 8 am – 12 pm EST, Georgia World Congress Center, Exhibit Hall B, Poster Section 21
- ABSTRACT: Biomarker identification using xenograft mouse model based clinical trial simulation and artificial intelligence data analytics – [AACR 2019 ABSTRACT]
- POSTER: Biomarker identification using Artificial Intelligence data analytics and xenograft mouse model based clinical trial simulation – [AACR 2019 POSTER]